Daily intake of beetroot juice can offer you a multiplicity of health benefits. The juice contains a host of nutritional compounds like sodium, phosphorous, potassium, magnesium and calcium in addition to small amounts of zinc, copper iron manganese selenium and copper. Depending on personal preferences it can be consumed raw, cooked or in salad form. Here is a comprehensive look at some of the benefits of beet juice.
Potential Substantial Benefits
- Betacyanin the juice contains prevents the formation of cancerous tumors and detoxifies the body from harmful toxins. It is known to reserve cancers like leukemia, breast, lung, skin and prostate and testicular cancer. It is also known to have significant impact on people suffering from stomach cancer by inhibiting cancer cell mutation.
- This vegetable contains a pigment which is known as betalain. This is a powerful antioxidant, fungicidal and anti inflammatory agent. The high anti oxidant content and phenolic compounds of this juice prevents the cell and DNA damage which in turn helps to remove damaging and aging free radicals. It also prevents oxidative stress.
- Raw oxalic acid present in beetroot juice is a good solvent of inorganic calcium deposits in the body. Inorganic deposits has been sighted as the major cause of chronic diseases, therefore, customary consumption of beetroot juice mitigates the body from calcification related diseases like kidney stones, varicose and arthritis.
- Beets are associated with improving the digestive health, particularly fat digestion in addition to perking up the body’s metabolism. Beetroot juice absolutely cleanses the intestines, stimulates their performance and improves peristalsis. It also stimulates the nerves in the intestine. For people suffering from hypochlorhydria, beetroot juice helps reduce stomach acidity. The fiber contained in beets increase the speed at which the waste materials move through the small and large intestines.
- The juice from beets is highly beneficial for pregnant women since the folic acid found in the juice prevents various birth defects and provides a healthly pink skin tone to the baby. It also helps tissue growth and proper development of the baby’s spinal cord.
- They are a good source of carotenoids like zeaxanthin and lutein, the two compounds which are beneficial for the health of the eyes more so the retina. Consuming raw beet juice makes the absorption of catotenoids by the body much easier.
- Drinking beetroot juice on a routine basis can minimize the negative effects of exercise in the body. It improves energy and stamina thereby motivating individuals for a greater output. The juice is also known to help the body respond to better exercise by balancing oxygen use and increasing stamina.
- A cup everyday can reduce blood pressure levels. Studies have shown that people who drink beetroot juice have a clear reduction in blood pressure with the systolic blood pressure showing the best reduction. It lowers bad cholesterol and raises good cholesterol in the body.
- Daily consumption of beet juice helps blood flow to the brain and stops age related ailments like dementia. Beetroot juice invigorates the elderly to lead more active lives by broadening blood vessels and reducing the amount of oxygen needed by muscles during physical activities.
- Drinking it on a regular basis is beneficial in the prevention and cure of the skin inflammations like boils and acne. The anti inflammatory property prevents an outburst of acne and boils
- Using beetroot juice as a mask can give your complexion a pinkish tinge. Mix a tablespoon of carrot juice with one tablespoon of beetroot juice. Apply on the face with a cotton ball. Let the mask sit on the face for ten minutes before washing off.
- It helps eliminate itchy scalps and scalp dryness due to its anti pruritic properties. Its enzymatic properties also help eradicate dead cells on the skin’s surface. When mixed with vinegar, beetroot juice will cleanse the scalp off its dandruff and psoriasis.
- Caratenoids in the juice improves the quality, thickness and shine of the hair. It aids in blood circulation which nourishes the hair follicles, thereby promoting hair growth and produces good quality hair. The natural silica in beetroot juice improves gloss of the hair.
These are just some of the possible advantages that this powerful root vegetable can deliver. Athletes have long been juicing beets for the benefit of increased performance and stamina. Juicing this food is a quick way to get just about all of the nutritious power it has to offer. Any of today’s popular juice extractors should have no problem giving you a convenient way to enjoy beets. This is one ingredient that we always try to include in our recipes not only for its health benefits but also for the nice kick it gives the taste. If you want a simple way to turn your diet around then start with increasing your daily intake of fruits and vegetables. Beets get our vote for sure.